Did you know Goodwill has a program to help people prepare and test for the GED exam which earns them a KS High School Diploma?
FAQs about the Goodwill/WATC GED Preparation Program
- The registration fee is $50 which includes materials and assessments. GED test is additional ($85). Students may also incur a $6 parking fee if attending WATC campus. Financial assistance is available in cases of need.
- Students may register at WATC (Grove campus) or at the Goodwill Education Center.
- There are three different methods of preparing to take the GED. All require on site testing and registration as per Kansas state regulations. The optimal method of learning for each student will be determined during the assessment process with the assistance of their education specialist.
1. Traditional classroom schedule – WATC Grove Campus (301 S. Grove, Bldg B) – 316-677-1150
- Instructor led classes are held on a regular schedule of 10 week sessions. Students may attend 9a – 12p or 6p – 9p on a varying schedule Monday – Thursday.
- Four sessions are held each year. Testing is administered before and after each session.
- Assessments (CASAS) will be given on an ongoing basis Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 3:00pm. Testers should arrive 20-30 minutes prior to test time since we can only do the first 20 at each session.
2. Self paced individualized learning – Goodwill Education Center (1220 E. 1st St.) – 316-267-1155
- Students independently study with the assistance of on-site tutors, educational specialists and computer software.
- Students may enter program at any time. Progress is measured as individual goals are attained.
3. Distance Learning – any computer with authorization and internet access.
- Students are registered and assessed at either site (WATC / Goodwill) and assigned to a distance learning specialist who will monitor their progress via computer, phone and emails as required.
- Students are given textbooks and online access to GED study materials.
- Students must return to the center for periodic progress assessments as scheduled with their specialists
** For more information, call 316-267-1155 or email Lorry Shoniber (email@example.com).